International Student Trips Powered By Discovery Education
My China Adventure

Riding on a train!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

This is the first time I have ever been on a train! Its a blast! I was expecting it too be much more bumpy and sickening but we are doing great!

When we walked into the train station I couldn't believe how many people were jam packed into such a small space. The halls were very congested and we were a little afraid of being separated but everything went fine! The train is much faster than I expected it to be. Everything is rushing by so fast and normally I would be a little motion sickness but I am too excited to be motion sick!!

Even the transportation on this trip is fun! Even if I am a nerd I am loving every minute of it!! Before we got on the train we were able to stop at a grocery store!! This is a very big deal to us because we have been eating tons and tons of meat so it was great to stop and grab some fruit and candy! All of us have been craving peanut butter and luckily the grocery store had some!! We are going to have a peanut butter party tonight and I wouldn't be surprised if we all just ate it plain!!


---
Powered by NetMobile.

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
______________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

Karen Wells said...

Melissa, I love how you embrace the opportunities you are given. It doesn't matter how small it is, you love it. So glad to hear you didn't get motion sickness. That would have been rough. Karen Wells DSA South Africa

RJ Stangherlin said...

You are anything but a nerd, Melissa. Even your photo proves that! You have an art for living within the moment, however small, embracing it for the value, the fun, and the memories. What an art for LIVING you have!!

Train rides abroad (my experience is Europe) cram you into a small cabin, but with the right friends, it is once again, an opportunity. Never lose the magic in your eyes for in everything celebrating goodness.

Post a Comment

Essential Programs Details

Duration 15 days
When August 4th - 18th, 2009
Focus History/Culture
Martial Arts
Modern/Ancient Architecture